Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gross negligence of...

...our kids, the laundry, the dishes (backed up while the disposal is being fixed), or posting on our blog. At any given time it could be any of these things. However, we are most guilty of not writing updates and sharing pictures with you.
Here is a quick overload of pictures and events from the last month... Our church Christmas party had a surprise visit from Santa Clause. The kids were very excited to see him and this year both Taylor and Cole sat on his lap. Cole is telling Santa that he wants a car carrier that holds 12 cars.
Taylor looks so big sitting on Santa's lap. He asked for a two wheeled scooter.
This is a sight we don't see as much anymore since I had to return all our library books before Christmas. I was negligent (there's that word again!) and accrued a ridiculous balance in fines. We won't say how much I owe, but I've maxed out the $10 limit before you can check out more books. I am hoping there will be a National Library day and they will "forgive" all my fines. Until then, one of the kids may have to get a library card so we can enjoy books again.
Some may say this is "negligent" of a parent to allow such a bow to be placed on a child's head. Lucy moves her head from side to side and it makes the bow slip down (I don't put them on her head very tight, so they slip.) She is such a good baby, she doesn't complain when the bow blocks her vision. See, she already knows that s should wear bows and that fashion is not without sacrifice. Isn't this a great picture. This is one of the many pictures Troy and the kids took, trying to get one for a frame they made me for Christmas. The frame reads "Mom's Fan Club". This is my favorite present! Mostly because I love them so much and desire the best for each of them. I also know that I need their support and love to become the Mother and Wife they deserve. This is Christmas Eve. The boys carefully chose cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. They lovingly wrote one last note for Santa (so there wouldn't be any confusion as to what they wanted) and were in bed by 10 pm (yes, it was a busy evening with all the traditions). Christmas Day was another busy day, but memorable. We spent the morning as a family, opening presents; and then while the boys played with their new toys, Troy and I worked together to prepare dinner. We invited several other families over. We enjoyed having about 25 people for dinner to share the joys of this holiday season. It was a full house, but would love to have more next year.

3 comments:

Cammi said...

The kids are so cute! I'm so glad you had a great Christmas and a fun time in North Carolina. I love their photos with Santa.

Our library at home as a "no late fee" rule for children's books - although they do charge late fees for dvds. I think we'd have quite a fine, otherwise!

YES - Miss Lucy is learning quickly that beauty sometimes requires sacrifice (and a bow in your eyes!) She is just so cute! Love her!

Thank you for sending the package. We received it today!

Hope to see you guys again soon. You're welcome ANYTIME!

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. We were sorry to miss you guys in NC...maybe next year. Lucy is so cute. I love the bows. That was one of Olivia's first words!!hahaha..

shannon taylor said...

I just found your blog!! You have a baby girl!!! Congratulations