Monday, June 8, 2009

Another year older?

My birthday was May 3. Just five days after Troy's. This year, I caught 5th's disease from the kids. The symptoms are a rash on your arms, legs, and cheeks. In s you can also get serious joint pain. This was so timely, coinciding with my birthday, making me feel more than 10 times my real age. Now that the symptoms are gone, it truly does feel that I'm only a year older. For my cake, I wanted Brownies- I know, strange..... but we just had peach cobbler and a plain cake for Troy's birthday. Brownies just seemed right. Troy and the kids made me feel so loved and special, that it was ok to be "old"! Thanks for a great birthday!

2 comments:

Alice said...

Happy (belated) birthday Sherrie!! I can't believe how old you are!! (ha-ha) Wish I could have given you a birthday hug.

shannon taylor said...

I'm stumbling upon your blog -- yay for me! happy birthday, we miss you terribly in ames